HONA has everything you need when it comes to making beautiful nail art designs and our extensive nail art sticker range is one of the best around. The HONA range of 3D nail stickers includes a wide variety of shapes and designs for you to choose from, including everything from jewels and flowers to animal print.
They are perfect time savers as you simply peel off, apply them to your manicured nails and enjoy beautifully embellished nails in a matter of minutes.
If you need any help or advise with stickers check out the FAQ below
- How to apply nail art stickers
- Can you use regular stickers?
- How long do nail art stickers last?
- Are nail stickers safe?
- What type of stickers are there?
How to Apply Nail Stickers
1. Make sure your nails are clean and dry, before applying stickers. This goes for polished and bare nails as well as gel or shellac. If your nail polish is not completely dry/cured, the sticker may not attach properly or lift wet polish up from the nail. For gel/shellac, make sure you cure your last layer of gel before applying stickers.
2. Use tweezers to lift your chosen nail stickers from their backing sheet. Do not touch the sticky side of the sticker with fingers, it is very likely to reduce the adhesiveness.
3. Place nail stickers very gently on nail – when you are 100% happy with their position, only then press it down with a silicone tool or a gloved finger. Again remember to never touch with your finger as this can cause cross contamination.
4. Smooth sticker on from the center to the edges, when applying it over a nail. This will get rid of any air bubbles trapped under the sticker that may cause slight bubbling in the top coat.
5. Smooth long thin stickers, like the flexi striping tape, Geometric Shapes or french tips and cuffs, from the bottom to the top or from left to right to get rid of any air bubbles or creases trapped under the sticker.
6. Apply 2 coats of a top coat (or gel/shellac top coat) over the entire nail and the stickers to seal and protect stickers. This will also make your manicure last longer and smooth out the edges of the stickers.
Can you use regular stickers (not made for nails) in a manicure?
They will not damage your nails in any way but they may not take well the top coat and curl up. However if smoothed down hard and double topcoat that seems to do the trick.
How long do nail stickers stay on?
As nail stickers are encapsulated into your design they should last the exact same length as your manicure.
Are nail stickers safe?
What different types of stickers are there?
You are spoilt for choice with stickers but on HONA we have categorised them nice and easy for you.
Abstract - Line drawing of flowers and faces.
Animal Print - From butterflies to leopard print these are always a best seller
Celestial - Stars, moons and everything in between! these are stunning
Flexi Striping tape - This should be a staple for all nail techs
Flowers - Intricate sunflowers, hydragenas, cherry blossoms, roses and more
Jewels - Stunning, colourful and a ton of options! A must have!